We are the ancient Church of the Apostles. Faith has been unchanged for over 2 millennia.
We are the One, True, HolyOrthodox Catholic, Apostolic Church
We are a canonical parish mission of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR) and under the direct protection of His Eminence, Metropolitan Hilarion (Memory Eternal).
- The Nicene Creed is our symbol of faith.
- The seven Sacraments or Mysteries of the Church (Baptism, Chrismation, Holy Communion, Reconciliation, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, Matrimony) are God's Word in action (outward signs of inward spiritual grace given and received).
- Our Moral Positions on current secular trends may not be popular by today's humanistic society, but remain the faith and doctrine of the Church of Christ:
- All life is sacred and is given by God. As such, abortion, or any form of euthanasia (the ending of life by the act of man) is contrary to the will of God.
- Sexual acts committed between unmarried persons are gravely sinful whether homosexual or heterosexual. Having homosexual attraction or tendencies are not, in themselves, sinful.
- Marriage is a sacred mystery that is entered into by one man and one woman for life.
- Divorce is a sin against God's command, but forgivable... Remarried individuals can be reconciled to the Church.
“Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day." "(John 6: 53-54 NKJV). "Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.” (Acts 2: 38-39 NKJV). "Therefore, every teacher of the law who has been instructed about the kingdom of heaven is like the owner of a house who brings out of his storeroom new treasures as well as old." (Matthew 13:52).
© Copyright 2022 | St. Anthony the Great Orthodox Church Incorporated.